Redux Contemporary Art Center (REDUX) is a nonprofit organization committed to fostering creativity and the cultivation of contemporary art through diverse exhibitions, affordable studio space for visual artists, meaningful education and outreach programs, and a multidisciplinary approach to the dialogue between artists and their audiences.
REDUX offers free year round art exhibitions, artist and curator lecture series, and film screenings, while educating art patrons of all ages through art classes and workshops, community outreach, and internship opportunities.
REDUX is instrumental in presenting new artists to our community through our artist-in-residency program, and our many artist and music performances. In addition, Redux remains a bustling center for contemporary art with 38 private artist studios, and the only community printmaking and darkroom facilities in the Lowcountry.
Meet the Redux Team
Board of Directors
We achieve so much because we work in collaboration! Dedicated interns and volunteers are an integral part of Redux’s ability to bring contemporary art programming to the public. Volunteer and internship hours can be used for college credit. If you are interested, please consider the following opportunities.
Redux is consistently looking for volunteers to assist with events and programs at Redux ranging from outreach efforts, special events, and offsite programming. If you are interested in being put on the Redux Volunteer list, please email email@example.com.
Redux Contemporary Art Center is NOW SEEKING interns looking to gain in-depth work experience with a dynamic non-profit arts organization for Fall 2021.
Internships at Redux provide the unique opportunity to gain a much deeper understanding of the day-to-day happenings of a non-profit arts organization. As an intern at Redux, you will have the opportunity assist with many facets of the organization including exhibition installation, class preparation, event facilitation, and much more. Redux internships are scheduled on the academic calendar (Fall, Spring, Summer semesters).
- Assisting with space maintenance and installation prep
- Greeting and engaging with gallery visitors
- Updating and managing databases
- Assisting with record keeping
- Formatting and tracking press items
- Providing assistance at exhibition openings and events
- Website and social media updating
- Assisting Redux’s Executive Director, Operations Director, and Education and Outreach Coordinator with additional administrative duties
- Studio Art, Art History, Arts Administration or Arts Management majors preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Strong communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude
- Passion for contemporary art and the emerging art world
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Redux Gallery Intern Application: FirstName LastName by August 18th, 2021.
Redux Contemporary Art Center is seeking a motivated, dependable, and self-reliant graduate or post-graduate intern/fellow to assist Redux’s Education & Outreach department with Summer 2021 education programming.
Duties will include:
- Managing classroom maintenance including set-up, clean-up, and inventory
- Assisting in promotion and facilitation of classes, workshops, and camps
- Greeting students, parents, and teaching artists for classes/camps/workshops
- Assisting teaching artists as needed before and during classes
Qualified applicants will be:
- Prompt and reliable
- Familiar with studio art materials
- Social Media savvy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to work independently and cooperatively
- Able to communicate effectively with teachers, parents, students, artists, and staff
- Able to interact with others and work with a positive attitude
- BA in Studio Art/ Arts Management/ Education preferred
- If currently a student, must be pursuing a degree in Studio Art/ Arts Management/ Education
Compensation: A small, monthly stipend will be issued
Applicants should be available to start June 2, 2021 and to stay on with Redux through August 2, 2021, at which point Fall 2021 options will be discussed.
Submit a resume, cover letter, and up to 3 references to email@example.com with the subject “Redux Education Fellow application, FirstName Last Name” by April 16, 2021
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible gift to Redux’s nonprofit programs will be wisely invested to make an imprint on our region. Thank you for your consideration of this request and for your continued interest in advancing our community’s creative voice.