Redux is the premier contemporary art venue in South Carolina offering opportunities for emerging to established visual artists to participate in five to six-week long exhibitions in a state-of-the-art exhibition space located in historic downtown Charleston. Eight exhibitions are hosted annually to encourage the innovative collaboration between a broad range of artists, curators, and educational and cultural organizations, while highlighting the work and ideas of emerging artists based locally, nationally, and internationally. Through unique and engaging formats, and related educational programs, Redux connects and promotes emerging, visual artists in the advancement of their artistic practices and careers, while increasing access to and understanding of emerging contemporary art to growing audiences.
Above the Radar
Exhibition Dates: October 4 – November 2, 2019
The Magic of Monhegan
Exhibition Dates: September 13 – November 2, 2019
Artists and curators who wish to submit proposals for exhibitions are encouraged to email us with the following:
- A short statement about the body of work you are presenting for review. In your statement, consider why this exhibition makes sense to be displayed at Redux, consider how your exhibition will be impactful at Redux, and describe how your exhibition will activate the Redux gallery space. Please include any programming ideas, and opportunities for community engagement, with your exhibition.
- A resume and/or short bio for each artist and/or curator
- 5 – 10 jpeg images of the artwork being proposed and/or a link to online portfolios with all pertinent artwork details
- Any other relevant materials, such as press coverage
- Submit proposal materials to Cara@reduxstudios.org