Redux is the premier contemporary art venue in South Carolina offering opportunities for emerging to established visual artists to participate in five to six-week long exhibitions in a state-of-the-art exhibition space located in historic downtown Charleston. Eight exhibitions are hosted annually to encourage the innovative collaboration between a broad range of artists, curators, and educational and cultural organizations, while highlighting the work and ideas of emerging artists based locally, nationally, and internationally. Through unique and engaging formats, and related educational programs, Redux connects and promotes emerging, visual artists in the advancement of their artistic practices and careers, while increasing access to and understanding of emerging contemporary art to growing audiences.
Artists and curators who wish to submit proposals for exhibitions are encouraged to email us with the following:
- A short statement about the body of work you are presenting for review
- A resume and/or short bio for each artist and/or curator
- 5 – 10 jpeg images of the artwork being proposed and/or a link to online portfolios with all pertinent artwork details
- Any other relevant materials, such as press coverage
- Submit proposal materials to Cara@reduxstudios.org