REGISTRATION NOW OPEN for 2022 Sessions!
Summer Sessions: July 17-23 and July 24-30, 2022
Fall Session: October 24-30, 2022
Join us for the Redux Art Retreat at WildAcres!
Plan your creative getaway today…
WildAcres is a conference center offering its facilities to nonprofit groups that conduct educational or cultural programs and seminars. It is a true retreat, undisturbed by through traffic or noises of the city. There are 2 lodges, a dining hall, a library and auditorium, a pottery and printmaking studio, a jewelry studio and lapidary, as well as multiple classroom spaces. All sleeping rooms have private baths and either two twin beds, or one double and one twin bed. Meals are served family style. WildAcres is situated on 1600 acres at an elevation of 3300 feet atop a mountain called Pompey’s Knob, near the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is halfway between Asheville and Blowing Rock in North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains. Due to health regulations, no pets are allowed. For further information about the facility and directions, please visit the website: WildAcres.org
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR OUR 2022 SESSIONS!
***EDUCATORS! See our special Educator Member rates, and ask Redux about Certificates of Completion for potential PD credit!**
Tuition includes all classes and room and board (6 nights and 17 meals), based upon 2 people per room. Roommates may be requested or assigned with registration. There will be an additional fee of $150 for private (single occupancy) rooms.
Please note that some classes require an additional lab fee to cover supplies provided by the instructor. Complete supply lists will be provided for each class approximately 4 weeks prior to the beginning of that session.
Check-in will be on day 1, from 3:00-5:00pm,
with check-out being after breakfast on the final day, with checkout completed before 9:30am.
Classes will be held each morning from 9:15am–12:15pm, with teachers being available as needed throughout the day. Studios are open and available all day, every day.
Meals are served at 8:00am, 12:30pm, and 6:00pm. (Dinner the opening night will be at 6:30pm)
For further questions about any of these classes, or general questions, please email email@example.com.
For questions about Wildacres, their facility and location, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (828) 756-4573
If you know anyone who might like to receive this information, please feel free to share! You may also recommend they email email@example.com
to be added to the Wildacres email list.
– – – –
We are all very excited for this summer and fall, and we look forward to seeing everyone in the mountains!
– – – –
Please understand the following adjustments and accommodations we have put in place
to ensure everyone can participate with utmost health, safety, and peace of mind:
- We are requiring COVID vaccination for attendance this year. This is to best protect you and everyone around you, and will also allow us to keep *mask requirements to a minimum. If you have an exemption from COVID vaccination, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- We are excited to be back to a full roster of workshops this year! With this in mind, we will be capping all classes based on considerations for classroom size and class popularity.
- Given this increase in capacity, we are encouraging roommates, as this will allow for greater enrollment in all classses.
- All room assignments will be based on your preferences at time of registration (accessibility needs, location requests, requested roommates, assigned roommates, etc.) at no extra cost. Shared rooms will be accommodated at the same registration price per person – you may request this roommate preference with your registration. If you are opting for a single room, an additional fee of $150 will be added to your invoice.
- Room furnishings are limited to sheets and blankets on the beds. There will be no bedspreads or pillows in the rooms. Guests you are allowed and encouraged of course to bring your own pillows. Also brand new (still in package) pillows will be available for purchase from Wildacres for around $10.
- Dining will be buffet-style rather than family style. Dietary considerations are being accommodated based on needs indicated on your registration form.
- *Masks will be required by all guests in the dining hall unless seated at your table while eating/drinking in dining hall – this is required by all attendees regardless of vaccination status.