Redux is collaborating with The Gibbes Museum of Art, and printmaker and Redux Studio Artist Susan Vitali for this
Redux is collaborating with The Gibbes Museum of Art, and printmaker and Redux Studio Artist Susan Vitali for this specially tailored 2-day workshop where participants will have a full experience of relief block printmaking, including a guided tour of The Gibbes block print exhibition and a hands-on workshop creating relief prints of their own designs.
Day: Saturday and Sunday, May 15th and 16th
Cost: $240 for Members, and $300 for NonMembers. *Member pricing applies to Gibbes and Redux Members.*
This price includes a guided tour of this exhibition at The Gibbes, as well as access all block printing materials (provided by Redux).
May 15th, Saturday @ The Gibbes
– 1 hour Collection tour
– 1 hour Sketching ideas in the galleries
– 1.5 hours Transferring designs to blocks, carving
demonstration, and begin carving
May 16th, Sunday @ Redux Contemporary Art Center
– 1 hour Complete carving
– 30 min. Printing demonstration including mixing ink, applying
to ink to roller, applying ink to block, lining up block to
paper with press grid, press use, repeating process
– 2 hours Making prints and trouble shooting problems, how to sign prints, clean-up
– Class size is limited to a maximum of 6 participants.
– Masks/face coverings will be required for COVID compliancy.