Redux is home to Charleston’s most creative artists. Each artist at Redux concentrates on developing a personal artistic vision. Redux’s exhibitions and related programs serve as a resource where studio artists are regularly exposed to visiting artists, artist lectures, and most importantly the ideas of their neighbors.
The Redux Studio Program offers emerging and mid-career artists 24-hour access to professional artist studios. Individuals work in a productive atmosphere alongside other visual artists. The combined 7,200 sq. ft. space is equipped with 16 individual artist studios. The studios range from 75 – 240 square feet, and studio rent is priced per square foot. Redux is home to Charleston’s only public darkroom and print shop.
We are always looking to grow and expand our community, because we know that all great artists learn from other great artists. We are happy to give tours of the space, with an appointment. To learn more about how you can join our community of artists, please call 843.722.0697 or email email@example.com.
Services to Studio Renters include:
- 24-hour studio access to the facility
- Private Studio Artists receive free access to the darkroom and print studio
- WiFi and all utilities included
- Free admission to any Redux sponsored events
- Free use of all available tools and equipment
- Opportunities to promote their work through open studio events and exhibitions
- Opportunities to participate in quarterly critiques and talk with visiting artists
- 50% off Redux classes and workshops
- Featured on website as a current studio artist (moved to alumni page after leaving)
Printmaking and Darkroom Access
In addition to the private artists studios, Redux also offers 24 hour access to professional Darkroom and Print Studio facilities. Each artist receives individual storage space and use of all Redux equipment in their respected areas for only $70 per month.
The printmaking studio at Redux offers space for Screen Printing, Intaglio, Drypoint, Monotypes and Letterpress. The darkroom provides 4 enlargers and ample space to use a variety of traditional black and white photography techniques, pre-mixed chemistry, and small storage space for renters.
HOW TO APPLY:Please submit the following:
- application form [download PDF]
- portfolio of 10 - 20 works (on CD or slide format)
- artist CV/resume
- artist statement
- submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT:Redux Contemporary Art Center
ATTN: Stacy Huggins
136 St. Philip Street
Charleston, SC 29403