Redux is home to Charleston’s most creative artists. Each artist at Redux concentrates on developing a personal artistic vision. Redux’s exhibitions and related programs serve as a resource where studio artists are regularly exposed to visiting artists, artist lectures, and most importantly the ideas of their neighbors.
The Redux Studio Program offers emerging and mid-career artists full access to professional artist studios. Individuals work in a productive atmosphere alongside other visual artists. The combined 7,200 sq. ft. space is equipped with 16 individual artist studios. The studios range from 75 – 240 square feet, and studio rent is priced per square foot. Redux is home to Charleston’s only public darkroom and print shop.
We are always looking to grow and expand our community, because we know that all great artists learn from other great artists. To learn more about how you can join our community of artists, please call us or email email@example.com.
Services to Studio Renters include:
- 24-hour studio access to the facility
- Private Studio Artists receive free access to the darkroom, print studio and wood shop
- Free access to wireless internet
- Free admission to any Redux sponsored events
- Free use of all available tools and equipment
- Opportunities to promote their work through open studio events and exhibitions
- Opportunities to participate in quarterly critiques and talk with visiting artists
- 50% off Redux classes and workshops
- Featured on website as a current studio artist (moved to alumni page after leaving)
Printmaking and Darkroom Access
In addition to the private artists studios, Redux also offers 24 hour access to professional Darkroom and Print Studio facilities. Each artist receives individual storage space and use of all Redux equipment in their respected areas for only $65.00 per month.
The printmaking studio at Redux offers space for Screen Printing, Intaglio, Drypoint, Monotypes and Letterpress. The darkroom provides 4 enlargers and ample space to use a variety of traditional black and white photography techniques, heated dryers, and small storage space for renters.
HOW TO APPLY:Please submit the following:
- application form [download PDF]
- portfolio of 10 - 20 works (on CD or slide format)
- artist CV/resume
- artist statement
- SASE for return of materials
CONTACT:Redux Contemporary Art Center
ATTN: Stacy Huggins
136 St. Philip Street
Charleston, SC 29403