Redux is home to Charleston’s most creative artists. Each artist at Redux concentrates on developing a personal artistic vision. Redux’s exhibitions and related programs serve as a resource where studio artists are regularly exposed to visiting artists, artist lectures, and most importantly, the community created with fellow studio artists.
The Redux Studio Program offers emerging and mid-career artists 24-hour access to professional artist studios. Redux is home to Charleston's only public darkroom and print shop.
As of August 7, 2016, we are pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for our new location at 1056 King Street, where we will have 38 studios, three gallery spaces, an expanded photography center, print shop, classroom, and almost 2,000 square feet of exhibition and performance space in our new home. Studios range from 95 sq ft to 250 sq ft. Projected occupancy is April 1, 2017. All artists must complete the application process; application requirements are listed in the above right hand column.
Studio tours are available, with an appointment. To arrange a tour, please call 843.722.0697 or email email@example.com.
Services to Studio Renters include:
- 24-hour studio access to the facility
- Private Studio Artists receive free access to the darkroom and print studio
- WiFi and all utilities included
- Free admission to any Redux sponsored events
- Free use of all available tools and equipment
- Opportunities to promote their work through open studio events and exhibitions
- Opportunities to participate in quarterly critiques and talk with visiting artists
- 50% off Redux classes and workshops
- Featured on website as a current studio artist (moved to alumni page after leaving)
Printmaking and Darkroom Access
In addition to the private artists studios, Redux also offers 24 hour access to professional Darkroom and Print Studio facilities. Each artist receives individual storage space and use of all Redux equipment in their respected areas for only $70 per month.
The printmaking studio at Redux offers space for Screen Printing, Intaglio, Drypoint, Monotypes and Letterpress. The darkroom provides 4 enlargers and ample space to use a variety of traditional black and white photography techniques, pre-mixed chemistry, and small storage space for renters.
HOW TO APPLY:Please submit the following:
- application form [download PDF]
- portfolio of 10 - 20 works (on CD or slide format)
- artist CV/resume
- artist statement
- three references
- submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT:Redux Contemporary Art Center
ATTN: Stacy Huggins
136 St. Philip Street
Charleston, SC 29403